Occupational and Environmental Health
Occupational and Environmental Health Services
Amherst Family Practice (AFP) has been serving the community for more than 40 years. As a long-standing member of the community, we understand the needs of both employees and employers. We offer an innovative and comprehensive approach to job-related healthcare. AFP is dedicated to providing a full range of occupational healthcare services to business, industry, and their employees in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
Occupational and Environmental Health Services – Standards
Our team of healthcare and professional personnel adheres to high medical standards and provides excellent customer service and support. We provide quality medical care in an effort to decrease your medical expenses as well as lost time associated with workplace injuries. AFP works with clients to customize a program that best meets their needs. Whether you are a small business or a large one, AFP can assist you and your employees.
Amherst Family Practice offers:
- A complete and comprehensive spectrum of services for small and large businesses.
- Same-day evaluation and treatment for work-related injuries.
- An aggressive approach to injury treatment: returning employees back to work as soon as possible.
- Frequent and timely communication with the employer.
- Comprehensive substance abuse screening including a certified medical review of positive drug screen results.
- Scheduled appointment times provided for routine visits minimize employees’ time away from work.
Occupational and Environmental Health – Services
Our clinic is fully equipped, including on-site X-ray facility, electrocardiogram, blood testing, urinalysis, spirometry, and audiometric testing. This allows us to efficiently offer the following services to our clients:
Injury Evaluation & Treatment
- Evaluation and treatment of work-related injuries
- Physical Examinations
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
Certified by the FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) and a member of the NRCME (National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners
- Respirator Clearance
- Executive Health Assessments
- Return to Work
- Fitness for Duty
- Substance Abuse Testings
We can help you meet your drug-free workplace goals by offering Pre-employment and random substance abuse testing. Our entire Occupational Medicine staff have been accredited by DATIA as Certified Drug Screen Collectors and as Certified Breath Alcohol Technicians
- DOT-mandated Urine Drug Screening
- Non-DOT Urine Drug Screening
- Breath Alcohol Testing
- Hair Analysis
- Medical Review Officer (MRO)
- Random Pull Drug Screening Program
Substance abuse testing of potential employees has now become an integral part of the hiring process for many employers. The pre-employment test ensures that a new hire is substance free but an on-going random selection program can ensure that your workplace remains substance free. Amherst Family Practice offers a random selection substance abuse program that meets the industry guidelines for DOT regulations and is also adaptable for non-DOT employees.
- Specialty Programs
- Hearing Conservation with Audiometric Screening
- On-site Vaccines, Blood Draws, and Drug Screens
*AFP is recognized as an Accredited Collection Site by the Drug and Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA).