Amherst Family Practice offers a variety of in-house services available to our patients.
The doctors of Amherst Family Practice do not admit patients to the hospital; we have chosen to concentrate our attention on office practice with extended hours. Amherst Family Practice physicians remain courtesy members of the Winchester Medical Center (WMC) staff and will be kept informed of our patients’ progress. For necessary hospital care, our doctors will refer you to the Emergency Room for direct admission to the WMC.
In the event of a life-threatening emergency, dial 911 or go immediately to the emergency room of the nearest hospital. If the situation is not severe and arises while the office is closed, call 540.667.8724 and the answering service will forward your message to the doctor on-call.
If an urgent situation occurs while the office is open, call the office and you will be given instructions on the actions you should take.
- Adult and Adolescent Medical Care (Children 4 & older)
- Infections and Minor Illnesses
- Management of Chronic Diseases
- Lacerations/Minor Surgical procedures
- Injections for Flu, Pneumonia, or Adult Immunizations
- Routine Gynecology/Contraception
- Management of sprains and back injuries
- Workers Compensation Case Management
We are proud to partner with Progressive Radiology, an independent radiology company, that occupies the same building as AFP. Progressive Radiology is able to offer x-ray, ultrasound, and mammography services at affordable costs to the local community.
- Blood Testing
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Complete Physical Examination
- Risk Factor Evaluation
- Patient Education
- Sports/Camp Physicals
- College Physicals
- Boy Scout/Girl Scout Physicals
- Pre-Placement Physicals for Employers
- Drug Screening
- Department of Transportation Physicals
- Bus Driving Physicals (DOT/truck driver)
- Rehabilitation Physicals
We encourage you to keep all recommended and scheduled appointments so that your medications can be reviewed and your prescriptions updated. Refill requests between appointments should be directed to your pharmacy who will contact us. These requests may take up to 2 business days to complete and are done Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm. There is a $15 fee for prescription refills that is your responsibility and not covered by health insurance.
Please note: We encourage you to call during regular office hours to schedule appointments. Our staff is trained to answer most questions. The providers will personally return calls that require their attention.